What is Salt Therapy?
Salt therapy is a drug-free treatment in a controlled air medium that simulates the natural salt microclimate. The therapy is performed in a spacious cave-like room with salt-coated walls and floor - The Salt Cave. There are comfortable armchairs in the room with footstools. We have one salt room for adults and another one dedicated to children with TV and plenty of toys.
Breeze Tronic Pro medical device is used to create a special dry sodium chloride microclimate:
- Particle sizes: 0-5 microns (particles larger than 5 micrometres are caught in the nose and throat, while only smaller particles can penetrate deep into the lungs.)
- Negative ionization increases the efficiency of healing as salt particles are drawn onto the mucus, which is positively charged
- Salt concentration is constantly measured and maintained by a laser sensor unit
- The air in the room is hypoallergenic, hypobacterial (according to WHO classified at sterile)
Salt has the following properties:
- Mucolytic effects: loosens mucus and speeds up mucociliary transport
- Removed pathogen agents (airborne pollution)
- Reduces IgE level (immune system over sensitivity)
Salt Therapy Facts
Length: 60 minutes
Frequency: 2-3 times a week
Number of sessions: Children 5-15 times, adults 10-30 times depending on age and condition
Effects last for: 6-12 months
History: Salt Therapy has been around for far longer than you may realise
- The first book about the positive effects of salt dust was published in 1843
- Salt Therapy generated in a controlled environment began in 1989
- First UK Salt Cave opened in 2008
Clinical trial: During one of the clinical trials, Salt Therapy resulted in an improvement of the clinical state in:
85% of mild and moderate asthma cases
75% of severe asthma cases
97% of chronic bronchitis, bronchiectasis and cystic fibrosis cases
'Journal of Aerosol Medicine, A.V Cherrvinskaya, Volume 8, number 3, 1995'
I had only one treatment but overnight my air passages were absolutely clear despite the feather pillows! And the next day I felt more energised.
I must admit I was rather sceptical about how much sitting in a room full of salt would help. 12 sessions later and I have to admit I have been rather surprised. I am amazed at how much it has aided me in my running... Prior to the treatment, I lived on Piriton for my hayfever, I have not had a pill for the last couple of weeks and have not suffered at all!
The course of treatments at the Salt Cave resulted in a big reduction in Asthma and Eczema related symptoms for me. Also, it is a very relaxing environment. The Salt Cave is well run and staff were friendly and professional. I would not hesitate to recommend this to other people.